BOGE TO COIL CONVERSION.
Reproduced by kind permission of Pieter
Fourie, South Africa
Click on any images for an enlarged view.
Below the images you will find a short description of the convertion.
View of Coil and Bottom coil Holder
View of coil.
Top Ball with Mazda 323 Coil Holder.
Top Coil Holder.
Bottom Coil Holder. Bottom
View of top.
- I used both balls from the Boge unit.
- The coil is from the front suspension of a Mazda 323 Hatch Back.
- The coil should be long enough in its normal state to handle the full travel
of the suspension and narrow enough to fit between the wishbones.
- The top ball was screwed straight to the Mazda 323 front suspension top
- The bottom ball required some modification to accommodate a 50 mm extension
on the bottom holding plate. The stud from the ball was removed and
the ball was drilled and tap for a 10 mm bolt. Do not drill right through
- The bottom coil holder is a 5 mm thick plate with a piece of pipe
welded to it which is just smaller than the inside diameter of the coil.
The height of the pipe is about 15 mm.
- The coil is fixed to the bottom holder in the same manner as the suspension
coils on the Range Rover. A piece of flat bar over the lower section
of the coil. This is bolted to the lower plate.
Please feel free to contact me if you require
Visit Pieter Fourie's Land Rover page